Lunch and Lab with a Grad Mentee Guide
Pairs are made based on the best availability. In some cases, an exact match cannot be made (ie. you may have asked for a master’s mentor, but only PhD mentors are registered for that department).
Mentors are asked to contact you to set-up your virtual meeting within two weeks. If you don’t hear from your mentor, please email email@example.com to follow-up.
Once your meeting is set, $10 in Blue Bucks will be added to your MCard. This is to pay for your lunch.
The mentors were instructed to go over these resources for you::
If you have specific questions, email them to your mentor in advance, so they can be prepared to answer them. Some topics you may want to cover:
- How graduate school differs from undergraduate studies
- Benefits of obtaining a graduate degree
- Preparation timeline, graduate program options, deadlines, and key web links (shown inside brochure)
- Tips for selecting research advisors
- Advice on how to fill out graduate school applications
- Student life
Following your meeting, please complete the online survey.